Wednesday, January 30, 2013

I Love My Kids

I love my kids, I really do!  But we all have to admit, it is so peaceful and relaxing at night after they have all gone to sleep!  I can sit back and relax and enjoy the quiet...WAIT!  Who am I kidding?!  That is when I get all of MY stuff done! No one is in the way, no one is asking me a thousand questions and interrupting my flow.  It's mommy time!  


OK, so not exactly mommy time, more like catch up time.  Its the only time I can clean a toilet and it stays cleans.  I don't have finger prints, (or whole hand prints) on the bathroom mirrors.  I can make a clear pathway so I don't trip over, step on and smash a toy.  It's a glorious time, it lasts until I can no longer keep my eyes open...the other night my 8 year old told us as he walked off to bed, "You guys are so lucky you get to stay up late."  HA! If he only knew! LOL  


  
Some days it bothers me, feels like a work my ass for nothing.  The house gets destroyed time and time again.  And I spend many more late nights cleaning and cleaning.  Other days I am grateful for the time I get to spend with my kids.  I am not wasting that time cleaning and such.  I am there to help with homework, play a game, read a book, watch a movie or just hang.  Its nice, because let's face it...they are not going to remember that you left a sink full of dinner dishes or a ring in the tub. They are going to remember that they "beat" you at tic tac toe, they are going to remember that you were a good "hider" with hide and seek.  They are going to remember the fun walks, sharing laughs and making memories.  I love my kids, I really do...but once in a while that silence is nice, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment