Friday, January 25, 2013

Copy Cat

Since I am required by law to feed my kids, I like to do a good job at it.  And since they all have fairly good taste in food, I have to be on top of my game.  I am always searching for new recipes and easier/better ways to make them.  And some of my favorites are the ones that tell me how to make my favs from restaurants and store bought pre made items.  I have scoured the internet to put together a fairly good sized list of these.  I thought I would share a few with all of you...all are tested and not too bad, if I do say so myself!

KFC Chicken Seasoning Mix

1 tablespoon rosemary
1 tablespoon oregano
1 tablespoon sage
1 teaspoon powdered ginger
1 teaspoon marjoram
1 1/2 teaspoons thyme
3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
3 tablespoons minced parsley
1 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon paprika
2 tablespoons garlic salt
2 tablespoons onion salt
2 tablespoons chicken bouillon powder
1 package Lipton tomato cup-a-soup mix

Place all ingredients in blender with on\off speed for 3-4 minutes to pulverize, or rub through a fine strainer. 
Store in an airtight container. 
Add 1 oz. mix to cup of flour for coating chicken.









Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce

1 pt heavy cream
1 stick butter
2 T cream cheese
1/2 to 3/4 c Parmesan cheese
1 tsp garlic powder

in a saucepan combine butter, heavy cream, and cream cheese. Simmer this until all is melted, and mixed well. Add the Parmesan cheese and garlic powder. Simmer this for 15 to 20 min on low. (can be left on low longer, just watch it and stir) I have done this with half and half, but we prefer the heavy cream. But wouldn't try it with plain milk.




Outback Onion Ring Dipping Sauce

1 pint Mayonnaise 
1 pint Sour cream 
1/2 C. Tomato chili sauce 
1/2 tsp. Cayenne pepper 


Combine and mix well, enjoy!






Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits

2 C buttermilk baking mix (small box, Jiffy Mix equals 2 cups)
2/3 C milk
1/2 C shredded cheddar cheese (extra sharp?)
1/4 C butter
1/2 tsp garlic powder

Preheat oven to 450*. 

Combine mix, milk and cheese with a wooden spoon until soft dough forms. Beat vigorously 30 seconds. Drop dough by heaping tablespoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8 - 10 minutes until golden brown. Combine butter and garlic powder; brush over warm biscuits before removing from cookie sheet. Serve warm. Makes 10 large biscuits.


This is a little bit off from I normally post, but damn it...I was hungry!  This is just a few, I have many more. If you want to see them, comment and let me know!  Try them out and let me know what you think.  Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment